VISION WITH DREAMS

 THE UNTOLD STORY

WE ARE, AS A SPECIES ADDICTED TO STORY. EVEN WHEN THE BODY GOES TO SLEEP, THE MIND STAYS UP ALL NIGHT TELLING ITSELF STORIES. 

Jessica is an educated woman with a double degree in economics and psychology. Her parents’ liberal ways of raising her gave rise to her strong, independent, and idealistic character. She was a strong yet emotional girl. She has tear allergy due to which she used to abstinent from crying.


On the contrary, was his childhood friend cum bully, Austin. He’s a CEO of an investment company MoneyHaven(MH). He’s at the pinnacle of his career while she’s just starting. Though Austin used to sarcastically bully Jessica, but he also took care of her as he knew about her tear allergy.

As MH was the most renowned company, Jessica thought to enter it as she was pretty sure that she will make it to the company due her astounding abilities. And as it was, she got called for an interview. Jessica formally prepared herself for the interview.



As she entered the company, she was stunned by the infrastructure. Upon entering the conference room where the interview was scheduled, she was more stunned than infrastructure as she saw Austin sitting as CEO with the board of directors. Austin was also shocked and confused at the same time, but they pretended to not know each other. After the interview got start, the interviewees were bombarded with questions, but Jessica managed to answer calmly and confidently.



The board was impressed and decided to employ Jessica and hence looked at Austin for the final decision. Though he was also impressed but denied employing her due to her tear allergy. When the results got out, Jessica’s heart sank not seeing her name.

She murmured, “It must be due to Austin. Argh! Why this guy like to bully me?” She continued to curse under her breath before she found Austin standing right behind her.

“Hey shortie! How have you been?”, he said with a smirk on his face.

Jessica ignored him. He looked at her face which was red due to anger.

“Oh, seems like someone is about to burst.”

“What the hell do you want Austin?”

“What? I just-

“Please! For god’s sake stop bullying me. My career is a no joke. Why did you reject my interview?”

“Excuse me miss; I rejected your interview for your own sake!”

“Oh really?”, she laughed sarcastically

“Listen Jess, investment industry is a no joke and especially not for emotional people like you. Moreover, others can even cry out their emotions but you? You can’t even do that. It’s just my act of concern.”

“Mr. Austin, you are no one to get concerned about me and for your knowledge I am mature enough to handle my emotions. I will get into MH. Stop me if you can.” She walked out leaving Austin dumbfounded.

After walking out she thought, “I bragged so much but how will I get into MH with that demon CEO.” She was on verge of crying but suddenly an idea popped into her mind.

She gathered herself and did some research work. She decided to seek help from a major shareholder in MH, Mr. Samuel Jose.

It was indeed difficult to get his appointment but she somehow managed to get it.

“Ms. Jessica, why do you think I will help you in getting into MH while you even failed the interview?”

“Sorry to say sir, but I ain’t satisfied the board’s decision. I just want a fair chance to prove my ability. I hope you will consider it.”

After a friendly interview, Mr. Samuel sighed and said, “Your abilities are indeed exceptional. I can’t ensure you, but I will do what I can.

Jessica was happy as she got a fair chance which helped her to realize her ability.

Without wasting much time Mr. Samuel wrote a reference letter on Jessica’s name and asked the board to reconsider their decision. On discussing upon it, they again looked up at the CEO to make a decision. Austin thought, “This girl is indeed a person of her words.”

He finally agreed to her employment. As the time passed Jessica was getting better with her work, Austin also supported her as they became quite good friends. She was finally promoted as the General Manager of MoneyHaven with most successful projects on her name across the world.




No matter what others say, no matter what your shortcomings are, Be Yourself. Do what makes you feel happy and privileged, your goal will be achieved eventually.


-Prateeksha Jha

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WILL AI OUTSMART US?

IS THERE A GOD?